Intermittent skilled nursing care is a primary service offered by TNS, Inc. and is performed by a professional registered nurse under the following guidelines:
- The registered nurse makes the initial evaluation visit within 48 hours of receipt of the referral, and regularly reevaluates the patient’s nursing needs for necessary revisions.
- The registered nurse initiates the plan of treatment and provides those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skill, along with preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- The nurse prepares clinical and progress notes, and informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient’s condition and needs.
- Coordination of services are performed with other health care disciplines along with participation in in-service programs.
- The nurse counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs and supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.